Monday, April 4, 2011

April is Autism Awareness Month: How-to Video: Recognizing the Early Signs of Autism

Shalom,
April is Autism Awareness Month. Statistics show that 1 out of every 110 children have autism; primarily in boys. My son was diagnosed with autism around 26 months. I noticed regression after 18- 24 months, and asked his pediatrician about it. She referred him to a neurologist, where we received the devastating news. I am happy to say that at age 14, my son is doing so well now, and is very high-functioning; thanks to YHVH and to all the doctors, therapists and teachers whom He has placed in our lives to help us.
It has been a tough road, and there is still more to conquer. I feel that we sometimes go through things to help others get through it. So, I wanted to share this video I discovered on YouTube. I found it to be very informative. I hope you do as well. Please feel free to pass this information along and follow our blog for more updates. If you have any questions or tips that you would like to share, please feel free to post them. We can all learn from and help each other.







Additional Resources
   

Search Amazon.com for autism awareness


YHVH bless you in your education endeavors. Thanks always for visiting. Your comments or questions are welcome. You may post them below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank your for your interest in King's Kidz Messianic Homeschool Blog Spot. Your comments are appreciated.

Christ Our Passover

This week, millions will be celebrating Passover. Many will say, 'oh Passover, that Jewish holy day'. Well, what if I told you that...